Sunday, December 5, 2010

Query on “maranachuttu” and Vasthu

QUOTE

My Name is Murali, I am working at Dubai.

sir i went through your  web site.  (http://kerala-architects.blogspot.com/2010/06/vasthu-compliance.html)
but still i could not understand the how can we find out the "Maranachuttu”. I request you to can you please explain to me.

My reply:

As per Vasthu studied and understood by me using authentic books on the topic,there is no "Maranachuttu"
Only local asaris talk about this so called "Maranachuttu" which in my opinion is baseless.
They find out perimeter of the building in a measurement system existed earlier called,Kol  and divide perimeter thus obtained in Kol by a particular number.If you get a whole number after division,the perimeter is considered as inauspicious or "Maranachuttu".If the divided figure is exactly midway like say,3.5 or 4.5, the perimeter is considered as auspicious or "Uthamam"
This is equivalent to giving divinity to a measurement system existed earlier in Kerala called "Kol,Angulam and Viral" which in my opinion is baseless.

No comments:

Post a Comment