Thursday, April 29, 2010

When to start construction of house?

Lot of people ask me or mail me to tell how much it will cost to construct a house

I ask them –Why you want me to make a simple guess knowing very well that it cannot be true?

Golden rule in house construction is simply this:

Start construction tomorrow if you have decided that you need  a house to be constructed

Simply do not worry about how much money you have or how much money you can borrow.At least if you can do the foundation of house it will be great.If you think of doing it after six months cost will be much higher.

While deciding what all facilities you need in the house,remember that every house built in Kerala may last not more than 30 years-at least till the person who build the house die.So consider facilities you will need in the house for next thirty years of your life and tell your Architect to design house that way

A lot of people in Kerala build houses to show others about his new financial status.A client once asked me-“If a person come to where I stay(may be a rented house)and if I simply show my bank passbook to prove that I have money,will that be okay ? So ,I need a house built which will tell everyone about my financial status”

For the purpose of strength and utility you do not have to use expensive materials which may last for hundreds of years.Use material which will last at least thirty years.Then you can bring down cost(If you really want to).If you want to show off your newly acquired affluence it is a different matter

DSC02928

No comments:

Post a Comment