Monday, July 18, 2011

Your queries-House design and Construction

Another Building in same plot

Query

Hi sir have a nice day

I have one plot in s.n.nagar Irinjalakuda  16cent already have one house in this plot now i want made another shop cum house if it possible or not  [two bed room ]

Smitha Sajeev

My reply

I will have to visit site and study site conditions before I can comment on your query

Restarting Construction

Query

Dear Sir;

First of all I would like to introduce myself;my name is Salim Abdul Aziz currently working in Saudi Arabia. I have laid a foundation of 1350 sq.ft. in Thiruvalla, Kerala in two years before.  The foundation is including three bed rooms, One hall + dining, kitchen +work are, and two bathroom. Now I want to start next step to finish until roofing.  So,would you please confirm me approximately how many rupees is required me to finish until roofing. I am planning to start the construction November –December.  I need this information to arrange the money before starting construction.

Your early response will be highly appreciated.

Salim

My reply

If you have plan of the house,send me.I have to visit site and study site conditions and take measurements from site.After obtaining details,we can work out an Engineering Estimate which will give cost indication.Just by knowing details given by you no body can give cost indication

Cost indication

Query

Dear sir

I have been going through your blog and found it very informative .I am planning to build a house in Ernakulum district,I am presently employed in the USA,planning to begin the construction pretty soon.

Could you please have a look at these specs,that I have in mind

around 2000+ sq. feet
4 bed rooms
traditional Kerala plan

Any idea what would be the approx. cost.

Thanks in Advance
Arun Nair

My reply

Cost can be guessed or rather estimated only after we have at least initial design of the house to be built ready

I am sending you our standard introductory mail which will give details you need to know  when you start thinking of planning your house construction

Use of wood for house construction

Query

Hi Thomas

I liked your blog.  My name is Biju and I am constructing a house at Irinjalakuda.  I need your advice in selecting wood for door frames. Which wood is good for door frames. I cannot afford Teak and now the trend is using an imported wood called Pincoda. How is the quality of these wood.  I have an architect and he says not to select the wood now as it is rainy season.  Since the wood will absorb water and the quality of the wood will be poor. He asked me to wait for another 4 to 5 months, so that we may get good wood.  Is it true

Biju

My reply

Pincoda is an imported wood not suited to our climate of extreme heat and humidity.

It is better to use Anjily wood  which is at least 60 years old as younger Anjily wood when used may bend.you can use Anjily for door,window frames and Mahogany for shutters if you cannot afford Teak wood

It is true that you have to use seasoned wood(wood which is dried up enough after cutting).In rainy season quality of wood do not vary .

New Construction

Query

Dear Mr. Thomas,

Whilst browsing net, I came across your advises and information on building house. I feel you are the right person to consult with.

I am from Annamanada near Mala and presently working in Doha Qatar. I intent to build a house and wish to take your valuable directions.

I have a house of three bedrooms in 18 cents of land. and this house is 25-28 years old. I wish to demolish this and build a better one within my budget.

Please advise me, in order to seek your service what is the next step.

Will appreciate your response.

Sabu Abu

My reply

First step is to list out what all you need in the house

Second,list out what all you hope to have in the house if funds availability can permit

Third,get the best Architect with qualifications,experience and lot of common sense to design your house and to guide you from concept to completion of house construction

Then,you will be properly and professionally guided to achieve the best with the least cost

Training with us

Query

sir,
am Teesha Majumder.i have already send u my my resume to u,i would like 2 have training in your company for short period of time.

one of my friend had already send u her resume,shreya Ghosh dastidar.and u have accepted her resume.and my another friend will also send u her resume for the same.

actually we are three friends and would like to go take the training under you together.

if you kindly,accept us as trainee under you,we will be grateful to you.

My reply

Short term training can be given without any payment on either side for architecture/civil engineering students willing to visit sites

Assignments in class passed over

Query

HI ! I m a architectural student of 2nd year.from VIDYAVARDHA'S IDEA, NASHIK.(MAHARASHTRA).
I WANT INFORMATION ABOUT MUNNAR & KERALA.

ABOUT HOUSING STYLE IN MUNNAR.
ROOFING DETAILS
CLIMATIC CONDITION
SOIL TYPE
HOW HOUSES ARE RELATED TO THERE CULTURE & TRADITIONS.
LIFESTYLE
HOW IT AFFECTS TO THE ARCHITECTURE.
PLEASE SEND ME INFORMATION AS EARLY IF  POSSIBLE.(  TILL 3 PM TODAY B'COZ MY SUBMITION IS TODAY).

My reply

I cannot do assignments in class for you.If you  want you can add me in Facebook and chat on your queries

No comments:

Post a Comment